Preparing every student for life after A levels is very important to us so each student is given a personalised programme of support. At Westminster, our experienced guidance counsellors offer a complete programme to advise and support students through the university application process, from choosing the correct subjects at A-Level, making the right choices of university and course, through to succeeding at university interviews and eventually joining the undergraduate programme at a university that is just the right fit for them.
Our guidance counsellors encourage and motivate students to start planning, organizing and preparing for this exciting process at the onset of their IGCSEs. This is done through individual sessions, group counselling, seminars, workshops, college fairs and hosting university representatives and professional experts from different walks of life.
Students receive comprehensive supports and guidance in the following areas:
- Making suitable subject choices at IGCSE and A-Level
- Building and maintaining a well-rounded and strong student profile for competitive universities
- Selecting the universities that are best suited to a student’s skills, interests and abilities.
- Filling out the applications
- Writing effective essays and personal statements
- Registering and preparing for SAT/ACT and other aptitude/entrance tests
- Applying for scholarships/aids/grant etc.
- Mock interviews and feedback.
- Arranging visits to university fairs and open days
Westminster regularly hosts university representatives from Pakistan, USA, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Middle East and Asia for one on one and group information sessions with our students. Our counsellors also travel around the world to visit universities and gain important insights and build valuable relationships with the universities. All this is done so that we are able to provide our students with a progressively comprehensive range of university options around the globe.